Home > 40th Reunion
40th Reunion Weekend, August 15-17, 2008
Activities in both Santa Cruz and the Valley all weekend.
Friday August 15:
- 6:00PM- whenever: Meet and greet in Santa Cruz at the boardwalk.
- Papa Doo Run Run is playing for free on the beach boardwalk stage (shows at 6 and 8).
- Meet at the group picnic area, which is behind the Cocoanut Grove as it meets the beach sand.
- Bring your own delicious beverage (I'm sure there are alcohol restrictions- so be mindful of the container).
- There are 2 picnic bench areas.
- The one we’ll try to be at is closest to the stage (it has green tables)
- Loud Hawaiian shirts would probably identify our group if the concentration of old people doesn’t.
- Have a corn dog and lemonade on the boardwalk.
- Ride that great roller coaster again.
- Beach attire.
Saturday August 16:
- 9:30AM-11:30AM: Meet at Santana Row (in the Valley, used to be Town and Country shopping center, across from Valley Fair)
- upscale shopping
- a gathering (in the very back-most corner parking lot, near the theater- furthest away from Winchester and Stevens Creek) of gear-heads who bring their Ferraris, Porsches, Lambos, Corvettes... and just yap about cars.
- 11:30AM-1:30PM: Stop shopping and drooling on cars.
- Drop by Amato's (Saratoga Ave) and pick-up Philly steak sandwiches (or whatever-wherever you want) and head to Lynbrook for a picnic and walkabout.
- 1:00PM -3:00PM Leave on a leisurely drive to Santa Cruz via Hiway 9
- probably executing a rest stop in Ben Lomond at Henfling's.
- 6:30-11:30 Party at the Cocoanut Grove in Santa Cruz. (reunion admission ticket required)
- Attire is casual/dressy (slacks/cocktail dresses).
- click here for instructions on getting admission ticket.
- 6:30PM-7:30PM Cocktails (no host)
- 7:30PM-8:30PM Dinner (buffet) and camaraderie
- Email Rob Karr (email@example.com) for special dietary requests.
- 9:00PM-10:00PM All-Star 68 jam
- 9:00PM-11:30PM Dancing/Singing/Entertainment
Sunday August 17:
- 11:30-2:00PM Brunch and farewells at the Crow’s Nest (Santa Cruz Harbor) No-host service.
return to LHS68 home page