Author Topic: Other activities during reunion weekend  (Read 17799 times)

mgould

• Steering50
    • View Profile
Other activities during reunion weekend
« on: May 27, 2008, 04:11:52 AM »
There has been some discussion of other activities during the weekend, like Friday evening or Sunday.  Any ideas?

robkarr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Other activities during reunion weekend
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 09:09:10 PM »
I've got a couple of proposals:
Friday (Aug 15)- Papa Doo Run Run is playing for free at the boardwalk stage (shows at 6 and 8PM).  Let's use that as a starting point.  We can meet near the group picnic area, which is behind the Cocoanut Grove as it meets the beach sand.  Bring your own delicious beverage (I'm sure there are alcohol restrictions- so be mindful of the container).
Sat (day) (Aug 16): There are at least a couple of folks staying in the valley.  So for those folks (of which I'm one) I propose meeting 9:30-11:30AM at Santana Row (used to be Town and Country) which has upscale shopping, food, and ambience- and also, every Saturday morning has a gathering (near the theater, in the back-most parking lot) of gear-heads who bring their Ferraris, Porsches, Lambos, Corvettes... and just yap about cars.  We stop shopping, eating or gawking Santana Row at 11:30, stop by Amato's and pick-up a great Philly steak sandwich (or whatever-wherever you want)  and head to Lynbrook for a picnic and walkabout.  We'll leave the school around 1:00 for a leisurely drive to Santa Cruz via Hiway 9, probably executing a rest stop in Ben Lomond at Henfling's or Don Quixote's.  We should arrive in Santa Cruz just after 3PM, giving folks a chance to find their hotels and get ready for the wing-ding at 6:30.
Sunday (Aug 17)- Brunch (maybe on the pier) has been suggested as well as golf (De La Viega?). 

nancyjo

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 09:04:47 PM »
Shopping at Sur La Table in Santana Row on Saturday morning !!!
            That is exactly where Charlotte & I will be.

famark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 06:07:42 PM »
I'm up for catching up with gear heads on Saturday and a nice drive over Hwy 9. I have an unfinished 66 Mustang coupe for sale in Aptos (at my son's house). If it doesn't sell by the time of the reunion I'm driving it back to Oregon. Mark Murray 503.756.2773

robkarr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 08:26:13 PM »
To say our goodbyes on Sunday, how about brunch at the Crow's Nest?  They open at 11:30, and have good proximity (it's on the south side of the harbor, just south of the boardwalk), parking, and ambience- nice place.  2 levels, outdoor deck.
I had eggs benedict yesterday on the Sacramento river.  Hmmm, I guess I already know what I'm going to order...

Robk.

Geoff Gould

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 03:09:44 AM »
Is anyone interested in playing golf on Sunday?  There's a good muni course in Santa Cruz called DeLaveaga:
http://www.delaveagagolf.com/
It's always kicked by butt, but I'm willing to play!

karenz17543

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 12:13:10 PM »
If you are going to meet at Santana Row, can you tell me a more specific location or a cell phone number so I can connect with the group after I get in? I got directions to the shopping center but that's probably not localized enough and there are always flight delays to be considered. Murphy's law WILL no doubt operate. I don't want you standing around waiting for me.
Karen Hildestad Zipser

robkarr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 09:46:03 PM »
Best place to park/meet is near the Cinearts Theatre which is at the far South end of the center (Santana Row)- and since there are parking lots on both sides of the theater, you should park in the furthest East lot (furthest away from Winchester).  It's that lot that the car gathering is in, and you can park any car there (not in the center of the car guy's area, unless you brought your Ferrari:^). 

If you can't get to Santana Row by 11:30- we'll be at Lynbrook for our picnic/walkabout from 12-1 (roughly).

I think it's a good idea to have a set of cell phone numbers to keep in touch during that weekend.  I'm not crazy about publishing mine on this (or any) interweb.  Soooooooooo, I'll be sending my cell phone number by email to all of the registered attendees just before the event (early in the week of Aug 16).  If you want to have your cell # included in the mailing to be given out, just email it to me (lhs6840th@earthlink.net) before Aug 10 and I'll include it.  If you're leaving your computer connection before that, then email me and I'll give it to you specifically.
Robk.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 09:49:36 PM by robkarr »